Hey guys, long time no speak… sorry about that!
It’s been way too long since I last wrote a blog post – I’ve just been majorly occupied with Uni work and revising for upcoming exams (Oh the joy!), but I am going to try and get back into writing posts weekly.
Anyway, today I just wanted to talk about procrastination, because I am awesome at it. It’s my best skill but worst trait.
With upcoming exams but summer on the horizon, it has been ridiculously hard to try and find the motivation to really knuckle down to work and revising, when I can see months of time off creeping ever closer – its pretty much torture!
So today I figured I’d share my top five ways to procrastinate with you… I’m a bad influence, I’m really sorry…
- YOUTUBE, YOUTUBE, YOUTUBE. This is the easiest, and most effective method of procrastinating. I find myself settling down to start a hard days work of revision or essay writing and then I just think “ooh *insert name of youtuber* has just uploaded a new video, I’ll just quickly watch that and then I’ll start my long day of revising!” – skip forward three hours later and I’ve watched every form of video possible. I’m embarrassed to say I found myself watching Christmas – yep that’s right CHRISTMAS – vlogs the other day… It’s April… What is wrong with me? But yes, YouTube is so easy to get carried away with. If you’re in need of escape/wanting to try and block out the nagging thoughts in your head about revision/work, just have a “quick” YouTube session and you’ll find yourself still sat there hours later.
- An obvious one for you now – TV. Another easy way to procrastinate and distract yourself is to have a “5 minute break from revision” and sit down with a cup of tea in front of the TV. I usually find myself binge watching ‘How I Met Your Mother’ or ‘Rules of Engagement’ episodes. This is a great way to waste precious time!
- One for the ladies now – painting your nails. Not as time consuming as the first two methods, but still able to fill at least half an hour of your day. From choosing the colour, to removing your old nail varnish and filing your nails, to applying the varnish and then having to sit perfectly still for a good fifteen minutes so you don’t smudge them. You’re welcome, girls!
- “Oh look a beautiful sunny and warm day!” Wouldn’t it be awful to miss the opportunity, especially here in the UK, of making the most of the good weather? Going for a leisurely walk around where you live, or if you’re a better person that me, going for a run – it’s a simple but effective way of procrastinating, but with less of the guilty feeling you get after doing the previous tips (because you feel like you’re doing something active and healthy).
- Finally, create a blog and spend an hour writing, editing and uploading each blog post… ha-ha-ha… woops.
So there you have it kids, five ways you can avoid work and procrastinate till your little hearts are content! Please do not blame me if you fail your exams or assignments due to this post, I’ll be too busy focussing on the fact I’ve probably failed mine!
Hope this was a little bit of fun for you guys to read – I promise I won’t be gone for as long this time!
Hope you’re all well, good luck with any exams, and let me know by leaving me a comment, or tweeting me (@jessicarrr95), if there are any topics or things you’d like to see a blog post on!
Until next time,